All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum
Author
Thread
Analog Dreams Junior Member
Belarus
84 posts Joined: Sep, 2007
Posted - 2009/01/21 : 00:15:42
Is there anyone out their producing some good breakbeat hardcore? I like that sound from like old slipmatt sets...is that sound dead?
acidfluxxbass Advanced Member
United Kingdom
5,000 posts Joined: Apr, 2008
Posted - 2009/01/21 : 00:19:10
check out al storm. he often uses more complicated drum loops. he also released lots of breakbeat/dnb like 'thugz' & 'rockin'
Analog Dreams Junior Member
Belarus
84 posts Joined: Sep, 2007
Posted - 2009/01/21 : 00:23:06
I honestly don't understand why hardcore and dnb have to be seperate. I find that in many sets these days, 2 hours of straight kicks can get boring. I like sets like darwin/arkitech/nu foundation on hardcore underground 2! They keep it fresh by adding some breakbeat in for a while, then bring back the 4 to the floor, thats all I ask! Why can't everyone be like dj luna c...
All I'm saying is that it was more interesting back in the day, if I only was old enough to experience it!
Alert moderatorEdited by - Analog Dreams on 2009/01/21 00:24:42
Quicksilver Advanced Member
Sweden
2,484 posts Joined: Jul, 2007
Posted - 2009/01/21 : 00:28:38
DnB is not the same as breakbeat, though....
Triquatra Moderator
United Kingdom
12,088 posts Joined: Nov, 2003
Posted - 2009/01/21 : 00:50:14
the nu skool sound of breakbeat isnt much different from some of the DnB stuff thats been around in the past few years..
old skool breakbeat is based heavily on the amen break - drum n bass i would say is much more minimalist...
Jackol Senior Member
United States
440 posts Joined: Nov, 2008
Posted - 2009/01/21 : 01:27:33
Check out the Whojamaflip back catalog, got released for free on here on the forums a while back, and there's a ton of awesome breaks hardcore stuff on there.
__________________________________
Gammer sits upon a cradle of clouds with the likes of orbit1, cube::hard and sharkey casting bolts of anthems down upon thine ravers
Jackol Senior Member
United States
440 posts Joined: Nov, 2008
Posted - 2009/01/21 : 03:45:16
quote:Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Just something, speaking of Cube::Hard, what the hell does Micro N2 mean?
what?
__________________________________
Gammer sits upon a cradle of clouds with the likes of orbit1, cube::hard and sharkey casting bolts of anthems down upon thine ravers